Robert “Uncle Bob” Martin Interview (Audio)
Robert Cecil “Uncle Bob” Martin has had a long and distinguished career in IT, beginning with industrial computing and continuing through being an author, speaker, and thought leader in the Agile community.
In this audio interview, Bob talks about his early life, his first computer, his first programming job, how he got fired, and how he decided that he needed to take programming a lot more seriously. He also talks about how he got into writing and publishing, his views on how TDD and functional programming work, and what his plans are for the future.
(Tech note: This was created as a video interview using Skype, but the video recording app did not function correctly.)
Uncle Bob Stats
- Birth Year: 1953?
- Home State: Illinois
- Best Known For: Agile Manifesto, Clean Code, Founding Object Mentor
Books by Uncle Bob
- Pattern Languages of Program Design 3
- Designing Object Oriented C++ Applications using the Booch Method
- More C++ Gems
- Agile Software Development: Principles, Patterns, and Practices
- Extreme Programming in Practice
- UML for Java Programmers
March 4, 2013